Wednesday, June 11, 2014

New Addition: MAC Woodwinked


I am slowly, slowly building up my MAC eyeshadow palette (I have the large 15 shadow one). I'm choosing my shadows slowly because one, they're not exactly cheap to fill all up at once and two, I really want to get shadows that are versatile and not doubles for others in my shadow collection. As a blogger and general makeup lover, my eyeshadow and palette collection is relatively extensive.




My newest addition is MAC Woodwinked, a favorite among MAC eyeshadows and it is easy to see why; Woodwinked is an antique gold, much more subtle than a bright yellow gold and perfect as a one wash shade for your lid. I tend to wear it just like that--a quick sweep and blend with my 217, some liquid liner or smudged out brown liner and I'm good to go. I also like to bring it onto my bottom lash line just to complete the simple, gold smokey eye.

So far I couldn't be happier with this shadow. It's a fuss free color that's super versatile and easy to wear, I really don't think you can go wrong with it. It's easy to wear on its own--as shown above--or smoked out with a darker brown in the crease and outer corner.

Do you have MAC's wood winked? What shadows would you suggest for me to buy?
Amber

14 comments:

  1. I'd love to try woodwinked! Satin taupe is my favourite! x


    emilyh0ughton.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney ConnollyJune 11, 2014 at 2:29 PM

    Woodwinked is such a pretty colour. I actually dont have any MAC shadows, just lip products, but I've seen so many pretty ones lately that i think i need to start a palette.

    Courtney La Belle Sirene

    ReplyDelete
  3. TheBlushingBrunettes .June 11, 2014 at 5:55 PM

    Woodwinked is gorgeous! I've only got one MAC shadow, All That Glitters, because MAC eyeshadows cost $33 each here in Australia. ♡

    Eila | theblushingbrunettes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this. Do they have a more gold colour, i think that would match my tan skin better!

    Stop by my blog when you have time!

    Love from Canada,

    Marie from www.ElleCharie.com

    ♥♥Awesome Giveaway!!♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Divya, it is a very pretty shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just find Woodwinked so versatile. Have fun building up your collection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm I don't know any shades of the top of my head but they definitely have a more yellow based gold, MAC has quite the color range in shadows :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh that's so much! Haha but All That Glitters is such a versatile shade so it looks like you picked the right one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started off with just MAC lipsticks as well and then moved on to the eyeshadows. It's an obsession I tell you haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Satin Taupe as well! I think you'd really like wood winked, it's so pretty and easy to wear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Lauren! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woodwinked is my most treasured eyeshadow I own! This shade is just perfect, so versatile like you said! x


    Rebecca | morerebe.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments just as I value each reader! I try to reply to as many as possible but please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" or similar comments. If you have a specific question or post request, tweet me at @ambs_hunter. Thank you for stopping by my blog!