Monday, June 16, 2014

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Review


Who's late on joining the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation bandwagon? *Jumps up and down and waves hand frantically* So yes, I was a bit late joining the many bloggers who rave about this foundation. One of the reasons I originally didn't get it was because I didn't want to give into the hype. But when I was looking for a good, medium coverage foundation, the results kept coming up with Sheer Glow and I succumbed.



The hype is well founded, my friends. I think this is my holy grail foundation. A big claim, I know, but I've never been one to buy many foundations and now that I've found this one I'll probably be sticking to it.

The first layer gives a medium coverage that can be built up to a more full coverage. I tend to keep it at about one layer but even when built up, it doesn't feel cakey at all. Sheer Glow has a beautiful natural, satin-like finish but unfortunately it is not kind on dry patches. If you do have dry skin, you can get away with it as long as your patches aren't too bad: just make sure you buff in your foundation with a blending sponge and not a brush. I could go on and on about the finish of this foundation, but to keep it short, it gives your skin a flawless finish without looking caked on.

Sheer Glow also has quite the impressive staying power. Even without powdering on the top, the foundation stays fresh looking for hours without needing to be touched up. I've even worn it out in the hot sun and while I felt like when I checked my makeup it would be melted off my face, that wasn't the case at all. NARS doesn't seem to be too lacking in the shade range either; I've heard the lightest range, Siberia, raved about for the paler skinned ladies out there. I'm currently the shade Punjab. It's slightly yellower in tone than my skin but when blended in, it is a perfect match.

I'm so in love with this foundation and I've even converted a good friend of mine into wanting to buy it when I used it on her for her prom makeup. Have you ever tried this foundation? What do you think of the finish? (If you're interested in seeing it in action, check out either my Graduation GRWM here or Prom Makeup Tutorial here).

Amber

3 comments:

  1. This foundation sounds fantastic, I wish it was a bit cheaper though. I really don't want to part with the $68 AUD that it costs

    Eila | theblushingbrunettes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear, randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design, beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is magnificent!

    would you like to follow each other?

    will be happy to see you in my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that just makes me sad for you haha. Well hopefully someone will treat you to it because it really is a beautiful foundation :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments just as I value each reader! I try to reply to as many as possible but please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" or similar comments. If you have a specific question or post request, tweet me at @ambs_hunter. Thank you for stopping by my blog!