Sunday, June 15, 2014

My Perfect Nude


I'm one for the dark, bold lips. However, on more of a daily basis--or when I'm sporting a dark smokey eye--I tend to go for the nude option. For a while now I've had my eyes out for that perfect nude. One that doesn't give me the dreaded concealer lips but isn't too pink or too peach. I happen to be an exceptionally picky person but when I find something I like, I know I like it. And I think I've found my perfect nude shade housed in the navy and gold packaging of Estee Lauder's Pure Color Envy Lipstick.



The shade I'm referring to is number 120, Desirable. It is a super creamy formula that glides onto the lips effortlessly, covering them in a beautiful opaque beigey-pink color. For a creamy formula, it has surprising lasting power. It won't last the whole day to be sure, but if you aren't eating, it will stay put for a few hours without slipping and sliding away into nothing. If you are eating however, you will need to do a few touch ups.

To keep things short and sweet, I'm obsessed with this lipstick. Everything from the color to the formula to the magnetic packaging get two thumbs up from me.

Do you like the look of this shade? What's your perfect nude?
Amber

9 comments:

  1. This really is the perfect nude, I just wish I could wear them! x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous shade, it looks like your perfect nude ♡

    Eila | theblushingbrunettes

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes that is a very nice nude! I like Tom Ford Pink Dusk :)


    annie | www.nouveauchique.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so picky when it comes to nudes! I have a similar skin undertone, so I think this will be a great one for me ;) Plus it gives me an excuse to buy one of these lipsticks because I've been looking for a good excuse to buy one!


    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you give this a go because I'm just seriously in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've eyed up Pink Dusk before but I haven't brought myself to spending quite that much on a lipstick haha. Maybe someday... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Eila! I really do love how the shade looks on me and the formula is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Sharlynn! This is the first one I've tried by EL and I was seriously impressed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Alice! I'm sure you'll eventually find one to your liking :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments just as I value each reader! I try to reply to as many as possible but please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" or similar comments. If you have a specific question or post request, tweet me at @ambs_hunter. Thank you for stopping by my blog!