Weekend Write Up: Live Positively, Positively Live

Sunday, January 5, 2014

I've decided to start a weekly feature on my blog called "Weekly Write Up". It's the perfect way to recap my week and share with you all what I've been loving, whether it be a store, a blogger, a brand etc. I also enjoy reading other's weekly updates so I thought I'd start my own!


The new year is well underway! After spending some time reflecting on my New Year resolutions, I came up with a little phrase that encompasses a lot of them: Live Positively, Positively Live. It's sort of a play on words. "Live Positively" is meant to remind me to always be optimistic and spread positivity. "Positively Live" means to live life to the fullest and I'd like that to always be a reminder to step outside of my comfort zone. While it may be a little cheesy, sometimes cheesy is the best way for a little motivation.

I've also made quite an exciting purchase: my prom dress! I'm not going to share it all with you just yet but I will say I'm absolutely obsessed with it already. It's got lace and tulle; the perfect combination of class and romanticism. Very Lily Collins-esque. This purchase has gotten me all excited about prom which led to my sort-of rediscovery of Pinterest.

I had been on Pinterest before but after spending quite a few (guilty) hours online, I decided to incorporate it a bit more into my blogging and go on it more often! It really is wonderful for inspiration. If you'd like to follow me, I've added a button and also a banner with my recent posts in my blog sidebar. I'd love to see what more of you pin!

While adding those two buttons to my sidebar, I began reevaluating my blog design. I think with the New Year, it's time for a little revamp. Nothing too crazy but over the next few weeks you'll probably see a few changes on Lovely Notions. If any of you have any suggestions on how to improve my design, please let me know in the comments below! (And if you noticed, I added Disqus instead of the traditional Blogger comments).

I think that's about it for this week! Hopefully next week I'll have a blogger or YouTuber to share with you all as I think a little blog sharing is always great.

How has your week and start to the New Year been?
Amber

2 comments :

  1. aww ive started to do this :)

    i love blake lively!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her too, but her style isn't always "me"!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments just as I value each reader! I try to reply to as many as possible but please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" or similar comments. If you have a specific question or post request, tweet me at @ambs_hunter. Thank you for stopping by my blog!