Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Great Closet Cleanout

There's nothing like a good closet clean out to start off the new year. And I can say, I really really  needed one.




 (By the way it was just one of those bad picture days so I apologize for the quality!)

I'm not even exaggerating when I say I got rid of probably half of my closet. Most of it were things that
I really didn't wear but was holding onto for those "what if" scenarios. I read somewhere if you can't imagine wearing something within the next 10 days (weather and occasions permitting) it's time to get rid of it. Actually, a few things I didn't really want to part with. I don't know if it was the weight lifting over the summer or I just grew but a few of my tees and fitted tops no longer fit in the back and shoulder area. My sister benefitted from this getting a few of my favorite tops from Anthropologie.

Besides my clothes, I also went through my jewelry and pulled out, again, almost half. I'm trying to get to a point where I'm able to part with things easier just so I can stay organized and keep all the chaos out of my room. (Especially when life itself just gets so hectic!) Again, most of the items were old junk pieces or pieces I've outgrown.

It actually feels really great having cleared out a lot of items I no longer use. I really look at it as the perfect start to the New Year. It also gives plenty of room for new clothes! 

Next up to go through are my shoes!

Have you had a closet clean out recently? What are your rules for when to get rid of clothing, jewelry, etc?
Amber

7 comments:

  1. I know right, It's an amazing feeling to have a organized and clean closet! Just the other day I went through mines and boy was there a lot of junk! :)

    xoxo
    Sierra Calah ♡ Berry Stylish  
    Giveaway going on now!(: 

    ReplyDelete
  2. You kinda made me feel guilty, I always tell myself that I'll do it the net weekend but I never do it. My closet really needs a clean out. I've never had any rules, I just thought about what I wanted to keep and what not. But I think I might try your little rule with the 10 days, I really like that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I read about the 10 day rule as well the other day, i try and clean out my wardrobe every now and again but I am a hoarder and find it hard to deattatch myself to things like clothes and makeup :p xx

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to hoard things as well but I'm starting to break the habit! They are only clothes, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I didn't mean to make you feel guilty! But maybe this will inspire you to go ahead and do a closet clean out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just feels like a fresh start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do this every now and again as well! It does feel good to clean out and reorganize, especially since it's the new year!


    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments just as I value each reader! I try to reply to as many as possible but please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" or similar comments. If you have a specific question or post request, tweet me at @ambs_hunter. Thank you for stopping by my blog!