Friday, January 3, 2014

NYE Makeup

Funnily enough, I didn't use the NYE look I featured in my YouTube video. This was mostly due to the fact that I changed the outfit I was going to wear; instead of silver, I wore a lot of gold so my eye makeup ended up being gold.













Sorry for the poor picture quality, I snapped two quick ones before I went out but as I got ready at my friend's house, I didn't have time to do a full photo session. As I said, I did a gold smokey eye using my Urban Decay Vice 2 palette with the shades Strike, Radar, & Smokeout. Radar was the major focus; I patted it down heavily on the center of my lid with strike in the inner corner and Smokeout in the outer corner. I then used quite a bit of Benefit They're Real Mascara. I smudged a small amount of Stila Smudgestick in Damsel near my lash line. I then filled in my eyebrows with an angled brush and the shade Faint from my Naked Basics palette.

I kept my face makeup simple. I used Revlon ColorStay Foundation all over and set that with my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I then swiped on a blush I had to borrow from my friend (and I don't remember the name of) since I not very intelligently left mine at home. I had planned on using my Nars Orgasm & Laguna duo. Finally, I swiped on MAC Russian Red to really complete this look. I love the combination of red lips and gold eyes.

I hope you all had a wonderful New Years eve and here's to a wonderful 2014!

What was your NYE makeup? I'd love to see it so if you've done a post just let me know in the comments!
Amber

5 comments:

  1. Looks so beautiful. Hope you had a lovely NYE!

    Dejhana | Waite a Little

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, hope you did as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Caroline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great-photo-love-the-makeup~!
    www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments just as I value each reader! I try to reply to as many as possible but please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" or similar comments. If you have a specific question or post request, tweet me at @ambs_hunter. Thank you for stopping by my blog!