Saturday, January 4, 2014

Long Hair Life Savers

Even though I love having my long hair, I also kind of hate it. I'll be the first to complain about tangles and knots. Over the past year or so I've picked up some tricks to managing long hair with a tendency to knot.










Dry Shampoo: I think every girl with long hair knows the pains of washing it. If you don't need to wash your hair every day, dry shampoo will be your savior and will let you get away with second (or the occasional third) day hair!

Leave In Conditioner: I prefer the spray kind of leave in conditioner, mainly just for convenience. Especially for me, who suffers from dry hair, this adds an extra boost of hydration.

(Not Pictured) Hair Oil: I've been using the Organix Moroccan Argan Oil but eventually I plan on splurging for the original Moroccan oil. First off, it makes your hair incredibly soft. Secondly, it helps keep it from tangling so much throughout the day. And lastly, it smells really good.

(Not Pictured) : Hair Dryer: I actually find my hair to be way more manageable and less knotty when I heat style it, even if it's just giving it a quick blow dry. (Always use heat protectant of course!)

Hair Spray: Nothing better to hold in those curls (which for straight & long hair is especially necessary) than a good can of hair spray. I plan on trying L'Oreal's Elnett Spray next as I've heard amazing things about it.

Leave In Treatment: Right now I'm working my way through the Organix one but I much preferred the L'Oreal Damage Erasing Balm. The L'Oreal product detangled my hair and made it so much softer after only one use. There are of course the higher end offerings such as Philip Kingsley and Macadamia but I find the L'Oreal one to work wonderfully.

Tangle Teezer: This actually changed my life. I used to hate brushing my hair after practice because it magically transformed into dreads BUT this little brush changed that in no time. I'd love to get the travel version so I can have one with me all the time. (But seriously. Even if you don't have long hair. You need one).

These are just a few items that have made it so much easier to maintain my hair. Even if you don't have long hair, most of these are wonderful to have just for general hair maintenance. I'm always looking for ways to make caring for my hair even easier so I'd love to hear your tips!

What are your favorite hair products? Have you tried any of these?
Amber

14 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Tangle Teezer, I've heard so much about it and I think you just convinced me xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should, you won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh i really want to try the tangle teezer for such a long time! xx

    ( www.a-little-treat.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good post! I love having long hair but its so hard to maintain!
    http://my-fashionobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such pretty hair! I have that very same Tangle Teezer and I agree that it's such a life saver :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! I love my Tangle Teezer, couldn't live without it, and the L'Oreal balm definitely sounds worth trying xxx


    Would love if you'd have a little look at my blog :) follow via bloglovin if you like it and I'll follow back of course xxx

    The perks of being a
    hipster

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't go anywhere without my Tangle Teaser, it's amazing!
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always keep it on me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I know to be a bit dramatic, the Tangle Teezer has changed my life haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I just got it caught so it's much healthier. And it truly is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't stop seeing those tangle teezer brushes everywhere ! I didn't even knew it existed haha ! I have seen one in any shops i went to ! Where did you find yours ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got mine at Ulta!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments just as I value each reader! I try to reply to as many as possible but please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" or similar comments. If you have a specific question or post request, tweet me at @ambs_hunter. Thank you for stopping by my blog!