Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Look at 2013 and New Years Resolutions!

A big welcome to 2014! As cliché as it sounds, it's hard to believe that we have reached two thousand and fourteen.






My best friend Gaby and I on New Years Eve


2013 was a pretty huge year for me. It was the year I started this blog! My first official post was on May 12th. I'm very happy to have started this blog. I've had some ups and downs with it (only 4 posts in August--yikes!) but overall I've very much enjoyed it. I also started a YouTube channel to accompany this blog! I was really nervous about making videos. Blogging is one thing but putting myself in such a public light really made me uneasy. However, I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did! I absolutely love the blogging community and while I'm still pretty new to it, I've already met some wonderful people. I look forward to making 2014 an even better blogging year! Other than that, a few highlights of 2013 were a swimming filled summer, making States and getting 10th in the 100 fly, visiting NYU, being accepted to NYU, senior year Homecoming game and dance, Thanksgiving in Amelia Island, turning 18, and finally the Christmas cruise! Like I said, it was a busy year!

I have big sights for 2014 and have made both personal and blogging resolutions and goals that I wish to accomplish.

Goals & Resolutions
  • Be happier and enjoy the little things (no time for being grumpy!)
  • Stress less
  • Go out of my comfort zone! As the saying goes, you only regret the chances you don't take
  • Don't dwell on things (or people) that don't matter; stay busy with what makes me happy
  • Start and complete writing a novel
  • Learn French (or as much as possible!)
  • Blog Resolutions
  • Be a more organized and focused blogger: write my posts the weekend before, edit videos early, etc.
  • Post everyday (if possible--sometimes things happen!)
  • Break my Bad Beauty Habits such as picking my cuticles and my poor skin care regime
  • Post more fashion related posts such as OOTDs and lookbooks (at least one a week)
Hopefully at the beginning of 2015 I can look back and be happy with what I've accomplished! What are some of your goals and resolutions for the upcoming year?
Happy New Years and I just want to thank you all for helping me transition into being a true blogger; I couldn't have done it without you all and I look forward to interacting with you all more in 2014!
Here's to the new year!
Amber

7 comments:

  1. Those photos are so lovely! I can't wait to see where 2014 takes you and your blog, and I can't wait for weekly fashion posts! x

    http://myworldlyadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures, Happy New Year hope you have a fab 2014!
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many of the same blog resolutions. Sometimes it can be really tough, but I definitely want to stick to them.

    Dejhana | Waite a Little

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for commenting on my post doll, love your new years resolutions!! :)

    Only one piece of advice I would give is don't put too much pressure on yourself in terms of your blog, I used to say right I'm going to blog once a day and sometimes my goals were a little unrealistic and it made me so stressed and tired from trying to keep up then it ends up taking the fun away. So 100% try and blog often but if you can't don't stress as your followers will still be loyal to you and waiting for the next post :)

    Hope 2014 is a good one for you sweetie!

    Hayley xo

    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hayley! I really appreciate your advice, especially as you have much more experience than I do. Thanks again!

      Delete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments just as I value each reader! I try to reply to as many as possible but please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" or similar comments. If you have a specific question or post request, tweet me at @ambs_hunter. Thank you for stopping by my blog!